Decision makers from local businesses to national and international corporations are looking for beneficial partnerships that will add value to their product or service.
In much the same way, the University of Mobile seeks partnerships with organizations whose values mesh with that of Christian higher education in general, and UMobile in particular.
The job of matchmaking – developing mutually beneficial partnerships between the university and organizations – is a focus of the UMobile Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
“Every organization has goals, and the University of Mobile can be a great resource to helping corporations achieve theirs. In the same way, corporate partnerships help the university by providing scholarships for students, supporting arts and educational programs that extend beyond the campus into the community, and encourage the volunteerism and service that our school is known for,” said Claude Bumpers, development officer for corporate and foundation relations.
UMobile brings to the table its expanding national reputation for quality that has earned listings in “America’s Best Christian Colleges,” “America’s 100 Best College Buys,” a recognition as a “Military Friendly” college with excellent Smart Ratings.
Bumpers is on the lookout for businesses large and small that are interested in developing partnerships with UMobile. Depending upon the desires of the business and the needs of the university, those partnerships can be uniquely designed.
Among the benefits are opportunities to increase a corporation’s name recognition and raise its profile among the university’s constituents. These include:
• Naming opportunities for endowed scholarships or endowed faculty chairs in various academic areas
• Event sponsorships for established events such as the Leadership Banquet, UMobile Classic Golf Tournament, Ram Run 5k in Mobile and Birmingham
• Performing Arts sponsorships for events such as Christmas Spectacular, jazz concerts, musical theatre and more
• Student Success sponsorships that support professional development workshops for students and give a business first access to recruit graduates
• Advertisement in the award-winning University of Mobile Magazine, delivered to more than 10,000 alumni and friends
• Sponsorships of championship-level athletic programs
Another facet to corporate partnerships is access to many of the university’s resources. These include:
• Use of meeting facilities on campus
• Musical entertainment for corporate functions
• Speaker’s Bureau with experts in a variety of topics
The university’s academic programs enable businesses to develop their current workforce, offer internships, and recruit graduates. Among those programs are:
• Adult and Professional Studies
• Student Success Center and Career Development
• Graduate programs offering Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts in Christian Ministries, Master of Arts in Education, Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling, and Master of Science in Nursing
To discuss specific ways your organization can benefit from a partnership with the University of Mobile, contact Claude Bumpers, development officer for corporate and foundation relations, at 251.442.2587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit giving.umobile.edu.